onsdag 8. oktober 2008

Quito 22-26.9 - Learning spanish I





Top left-right:
Mitad del mundo, Cathedral in Quito, My hostfamily in Quito.

This week I was starting my spanish course at Amazonas Education. I got my own privateteacher, Karina, and she was pushing me really hard from the first day. But I never imagined that I would learn so rapidely as I did with her. She was an excellent teacher. I was staying with an ecuadorian family this week, so I had to speak spanish with them as well. That contributed well in the intencity of the learningprocess. Still it was nice to be able to speak norwegian with another student at our school.

The days went really fast, and we had a lot of homework. So not too much time for sightseeing. But I made it to Mitad del Mundo, witch is a visitor center at the equatorline. Really turisty but good fun to watch the water spinning in different directions on each side of the equatorline. I also needed to taste the famous cuy or guinea-pig. This is a very traditional dish in Ecuador and also in Peru. It tastes like chicken, but sure doesn´t look like one.

One day I wanted to try jogging in the forest, just to see how exhausting it would be. It was not too bad, but for me impossible to do more than fast walking uphill.

Ingen kommentarer: